Home Forums Meet and Greet Reintoduction to the new forums

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Everyone!

I guess I’d call this a nice reintroduction for the new forums, been using Metal Method since Sophomore year of high school so two years ( little over a quarter senior year). But yea, I guess since I have more time after school since I get out way earlier I’ll be on the forms a lot more so I’ll probably be participating more. I was wondering if anyone had a link to the recommended order of materials that used to be at the top of the old forum, I used to have it written down with some of my other books and DVDs but have no clue where that paper is and I’m sure other people that are new to the method would like the recommended list.

Anyways, glad to be part of the forums for real and really enjoy the new look of the forum.

metalj
      Participant

Hello Austin!!

Jay aka the letter J

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey nice to meet you guys!

metalj
      Participant

I would do melodic principals disk 1 first then monster power chords then stage 6 then speed and accuracy then riffology then lead guitar dna 1 then melodic principles 2 & 3 then extreme rhythm then new mab or dan mum course.

Jay aka the letter J

Sarah Spisak
      Keymaster

Hi Austin!  Welcome to the forum.  We are planning to post the curriculum here soon…

Here’s the link to the old forum post:

https://www.bb-metalmethod.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19196

🙂

vinay
      Participant

The courses have become so diverse that one should probably start to think of it as in branches. Depending on the kind of music you want to play and what part you want to play in such a band (mostly rhythm or also lead) some courses might be more essential for you than others. A one-dimensional list might not do that justice. Maybe use a mindmap or anything to visualize this kind of information?

sky blue metal
      Participant

Hi and welcome.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Sky blue metal for the introduction and thank you Sarah for the link,

And I really couldn’t agree with you more Vinay, the courses from Metal Method and my personal collection (mostly Metal Method, Troy Stetina, and Fret12) all have diversity in them and I will go through multiple courses at the same time with more of an emphases on 1 (so I’d probably go through Lead guitar DNA, Metal Lead Vol1 from troy, and Mark Tremonti’s sound and story for lead soloing but focus on Lead guitar DNA for the use of chords/arpeggios in a progression) and due the same for other courses and books. I just wanted the recommended list because it has a structure that I personally felt was a good progression and I’d just toss in the other material i have in between

Doug Marks
      Keymaster

Welcome back Austin.  If you need anything, let me know.

Metal Method Guitar Instructor

kyoungsteadt
      Participant

How’s it going Austin?

https://krispicks.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess this must be the 3rd or 4th forum re-boot.  Keeps getting better all the time.  I’m one of Doug alumni (class of ’86) from the original Metal Method.  It’s great to see that MM is still around !!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.