Downloads Expire 3 Days After Purchase
- When possible, please download to a desktop computer. After the initial download you can transfer the file to your smartphone or iPad (see instructions for this below.
- Download only 1 file at a time. Wait until the download has completed before initiating the next download.
- When you attempt to extract files from the zip folder you may receive a message that the file is corrupted – If so, you probably tried to open the file before the download has completed. Before opening the file please check the file size. Refresh the browser and see if the file size changes. If so, it’s still downloading. Even with a high speed Internet connection these files can take from fifteen minutes to an hour to download completely.
- Sometimes you need to be patient and wait a few hours for Amazon’s servers to be less busy. About 80% of our students are able to download a video on the first try. We use Amazon’s world class S3 system for downloads.
- The file that you’ve downloaded is compressed. It will not play properly until it is extracted from the zip file. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose to extract all. Although you can see the files in the compressed folder the video won’t play until the file has been extracted. Mac users might need to use the “Terminal” app. Please click here for more info.
- The zip file is empty – It’s not empty, you’re just being impatient. Keep refreshing the page and you should see that the file size continues to grow until it has completed the download process. This may take from fifteen minutes to more than an hour.
- If you’re unable to view the video file or it seems to be corrupted please download the VLC player (below). Some files do not play properly using QuickTime
- Download and install the Firefox browser and set it as your default browser until the download has completed. Firefox downloads files faster than most if not all other browsers. After the download has completed you can choose any other browser as your default.
- Turn off real time virus scanning – each time the anti-virus software accesses the download it can count as a download attempt. You’re limited to 5 attempts then you need to contact us to refresh the link. This can use the 5 attempts in a hurry.
- If you’re experiencing download problems don’t use a download accelerator because it breaks the file into several parts. Each part can count as a single download which will lead to the link expiring quickly.
- Be sure that your Power settings (Windows) are set for the computer to stay on. Your computer must not go into standby or sleep mode during the download.
- If the download link expires we will renew it within 30 days. Just send an email message to customer service.
- If you continue to experience download problems we have an alternative means of download file delivery.
- How do you download to an iPad? Please refer to this helpful tutorial video – Download to iPad
- Lost, Missing, or Destroyed Digital Downloads – Please backup your digital downloads. Hard drives can and do fail.
If you experience a hard drive crash and we can find your order, we will reactivate your download. Our sales records currently only go back one year. Orders over a year old will need to be placed again using a custom coupon. There is a $10.00 fee for this process. Please use the “Contact Us” form to place your request.
– To accurately play these videos I recommend to download and install the free, open source player VLC. I find it to be better than Windows Media Player and Quicktime for accurately playing these files. VLC allows you to slow the video down to make learning easy. You can loop exercises to play endlessly, record and slow down YouTube videos, and much more. Here are some additional instructions for VLC: INSTRUCTIONS
Free VLC media player for Windows:
Free VLC media player for Mac: